• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Didn't care about 4G at all, until...

JoshUng

May 13, 2010
First off, this may be one of those posts where you may reply "cool story bro," so you've been warned.

I am in NJ, no 4G unless you're near the 4G in Philly or NY, I'm not. I got the Evo because I was on Sprint, and it seemed like the best phone with or without the 4G. Anyway, went to Camden for a concert yesterday, and while in the lot, I realized, "Philly has 4G!" and turned it on. Took a minute or so for the phone to read the 4G, but had full service as soon as it did. First checked some webpages, but didn't notice much of a speed difference. Then I thought, "well, the webpages were fast before, but YouTube took a little bit of time," so I tried that, then Sprint TV, then some other things.

I was happy with the phone before, but now I'm realizing how much more there is to it when I have the ability to use it for all that it was intended, and now I'm ecstatic. Of course, now I am constantly refreshing my Google alert for "4G + New Jersey."

I know, I know "cool story bro," whatever, I warned you, and 2008 wants their quip back.

8wy34o.jpg

Haha jk, but yea that's awesome. I live in South Florida, and there's posts saying 4G active in Tampa, in Orlando, Jacksonville. Can't wait till it gets down here to try it out. Only thing i'm worried about is the building penetration, since sprints spectrum frequency is so high. Only time will tell.

Upvote 0
I'm about a half hour north of Milwaukee, and Milwaukee is supposed to be getting 4G in October. It should stretch out by me by January, which is pretty surprising considering I'm only in a town of 30,000.

My friend, who is getting an iPhone tomorrow, keeps telling me, "Aww blah blah 4G is just a gimmick it's pointless," but I'm not letting him get me down. He's just jealous.

Hope you get your 4G soon!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones