• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Didn't disable lagfix before install. What do I do?

klims

Lurker
Dec 2, 2010
Hi Guys,

I got a little too excited when I downloaded a new ROM and tried to flash before I had removed the lagfix. Initially the ROM installed fine but when I tried to apply the lagfix to the new ROM everything fell apart.

I tried a few things to try and get a new ROM to install but nothing has worked. I have done a factory reset to clear data and wiped the cache but this seems to have made things worse. Before I broke everything I was able to disable the lagfix but now I can't access the lagfix conf file from clockworkmod!

I am getting the following errors when trying to install new ROM:
can't chown/mod /data/app operation not permitted

What have I done? How can I fix it? I want my phone back!! :thinking:
I have read on another post for another phone that I will have to restore using Odin. I can't seem to find any information on restoring to stock for the Galaxy S.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

EDIT: I'm in Australia and the phone was originally locked to the carrier Virgin Mobile.

me too i forgot to disable the lagfix and everything is screwed now. I even flashed my stock 2.1 firmware with odin, and no luck. I searched all over and im not a noob but i couldnt find any solution for it, thats why i just returned the phone to Bell and theyre gonna fix/replace it for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones