• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Didn't make a soft update (Galaxy SII)

zurabug

Lurker
Jan 22, 2013
hi,
There are two Galaxy SII in our family (absolutely the same, bought at the same store, at the same time).

One phone made a soft update (from 2.3.3 to newest one) and it's ok, but another didn't ("no update available") and still it keeps version 2.3.3.

Could you please give me an advice what to do? (I don't want to root it)

hi,
There are two Galaxy SII in our family (absolutely the same, bought at the same store, at the same time).

One phone made a soft update (from 2.3.3 to newest one) and it's ok, but another didn't ("no update available") and still it keeps version 2.3.3.

Could you please give me an advice what to do? (I don't want to root it)
welcome to the forums!!!!!!

updates usually get rolled out in bunches by the carrier. how they roll them out, i'm not sure. the only thing you can do really is be patient it should come to your phone at some point. make sure that you have the check software update notification checked.

Reactions: zurabug
Upvote 0
Yes, I have checked update notification and I check it manually everyday (exhausted).
Does it have any importance in which country you live?

Thanks for your answer... :)

your welcome. just be patient it should roll out to you shortly.

edit: it might. not sure on countries, but i would think it would apply the same. if anything you can always contact your carrier and ask them.

Reactions: zurabug
Upvote 0
your welcome. just be patient it should roll out to you shortly.

edit: it might. not sure on countries, but i would think it would apply the same. if anything you can always contact your carrier and ask them.

Even though the phones might be exactly the same bought at the same minute even, and even activated together, they could potentially receive the OTA update as far as weeks apart, just because the process of sending out the update is random at best.

If you want a more accurate guestimate you could try contacting your carrier.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones