Diferences between 2.1 Nordic and Global?General

Last Updated:

1. marioc5198

marioc5198 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i would like to know if anyone could tell me diferences between nordic and global firmware??

Advertisement
  2. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Well-Known Member

1. Spelling :D

3. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

G N
    l o
    o r
    b d
    a i
    l c

beside that...
    well nordic is for northen countries
    while global is simply Global lol

4. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

*nods* to make it clear... no differences... just indicates were it has been released

5. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member

soooooo? its the same? or haS changes
    ? im aliittle worried after debrand i was x10a now im x10i , any consequencies in the future? woow 69 posts jeje

6. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

as stated before...NO DIFFERENCES... you changed to X10i because both are European firmwares...you will get back your X10a only if you use a US firmware. What will it affect you?... you won't be able to get updates from your provider since you changed your Firmware

7. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

i did read somewhere that the global ran more smoother...ever after it sync'ed everything

not sure as i have the generic one on

8. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member

well my provider sucks, so maybe its not an issue for me but maybe my device cannot be detected by seus or pc companion.

9. harrypalmero

harrypalmero Member

Out of all the reading I have done, it seems that the Global version is running smoother than Nordic on non-Nordic phones. I flashed 2.1 Global on my x10a from AT&T and have not had a single problem. Seems that people who flashed Nordic had to enter APN settings manually. When I booted up, everything set up automatically. Everything works, wifi, 3G/H, messaging, etc.
    I highly recommend any US x10a users tired of waiting for AT&T to release the update to head over to XDA and take care of business. I'm not worried about the warranty issue, and other than my phone displaying a 0 in front of the time, and x10i under phone info, everything runs flawlessly. It's like having a new phone. Everything runs a lot smoother, proximity sensor finally works, no more cheek hang ups. Camera is FAST and sharp. None of the AT&T bloatware. What are you waiting for?