Jayme Well-Known Member

For the noobs

What is the difference?

And how do you do both?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. erachilla

erachilla Member

As I understand it factory restores to factory defaults and hard just reboots the phone forcefully... The way to do it differs from phone to phone for the button method... but in the Android OS there should be a button in settings>privacy> Factory Data reset...

The way I have always heard the lingo from my friends in mobile phone sales is a hard reset is something like holding down the power button or removing the battery I.E. like if the phone is frozen and you need to reboot it... then a factory reset restores it to factory settings and image... also deleting all your data like contacts etc...

hope this helps!!!
  3. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Cool thanks!
  4. Febres0492

Febres0492 New Member

Hey the factory reset deactivate the service of the phone, I mean if I do the factory reset, I have to activate the phone again?:confused:
  5. ptmarzullo

ptmarzullo Well-Known Member

Just input your google address...viola, you are now activated.:cool:
  6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

You may have to do a *228 , 1, if on Verizon.
  7. tinacee1

tinacee1 Member

does this apply to a hard reset ?
  8. frosthax1

frosthax1 Well-Known Member

factory resets should just reset your data and stuff.your service should still work.same as with flashing,your actual phone stuff like phopne number and service is in an entirely different part of the phone.thats why when you even flash a custom rom you still have service when its all done.hope this clarifies it.a factory reset only sets the settings to default/what originally your phone looked like before you messed with it.a hard reset is like been said holding down buttons removing battery.it can also describe using hard buttons to get into the phones recovery to factory reset or whatnot,in a brick situation.hope that helps
  9. themib

themib Well-Known Member

if you factory reset, you will get a activation screen
    tap on the Android guy, activation is automated, if it was already connected to verizon