Difference between JF6 and JH3/JH2?

Last Updated:

1. wesc011

wesc011 Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone explain this? Ive heard that there is a difference between the JF6 firmware (which is what I have) and the JH3 or JH2 firmwares. Does one offer better performance? Which is newer?

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Samsung releases/leaks diferent test firmwares. The issues is they are all tests not official. Better to have the dev community try and find the bugs than wait for a group of 10-20 samsung devs working on many phones to find the bugs... Windows mobile does this. As for which one, you have to decide that for your self. There is always a lot of info on each at XDA

3. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Some say it improves the lag a bit and GPS as well. But it does create a GPS log which is quite annoying (can be disabled).

A new one was just released this weekend - JH7.

As I don't really have many issues at the moment, I am still on stock JF6 until Samsung releases the official fix.

4. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

All the newer Roms remove the "PC Internet" connection as well. So expect to see that go away.

As mentioned above, these are leaked developer builds - somethings are better, some are not.