Difference between Micro USB AND Micro/mini hdmiSupport

1. cricketics

cricketics Member

Okay this is a turning out to be a big problem.

Is the cable to connect to the G2X the Micro USB TO HDMI??

or is it micro hdmi to HDMI???

or are micro hdmi and Micro usb same??? so meaning if i get micro usb to hdmi, it will be same thing as getting micro hdmi to Hdmi

It's very confusing this one..

I need to get the rite one

Advertisement
  2. phaet2112

phaet2112 Member

There is a micro HDMI port for micro HDMI to HDMI cable for outputting to the TV.
    There is also a micro USB port for micro USB to USB for charging and data transfer to computer.
    Two different ports for two different purposes.
  3. cricketics

cricketics Member

I know about the ports.. But which cable do i need to buy really. I want to buy the rite cable.

OKay, all I want to do is connect my phone to tv. Now to do that, my phone needs to be connected to HDMI on tv. Now after knowning all that, I am just simply asking which cable do i need to buy.

Because when i checked, some places they are selling - Micro usb to hdmi for g2x. so i got confused. Why is it being called Micro USB when it's supposed to have be micro hdmi

Look at this following link

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6ft-Micro-U...ccessories&hash=item5198fa16f2#ht_1453wt_1139

here it's being referred as micro usb to hdmi..
  4. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

Only in the title.

Here's the product description from your link:

Also, here's another link to an even cheaper website.

Link

I just ordered some other cables, can't believe I didn't get an Micro HDMI one. Ah well, guess I'll just have to go and spend more money. :D
  5. cricketics

cricketics Member

Kool man.. Thanks for the reply. Ya was wonderintg the pic seems fine and the title was messed up. Guess I was right.

Cheers mate
  6. whbizlaw

whbizlaw New Member

I just picked one up on Amazon for $1.06. With shipping it was $4.04. Best Buy wanted $35!
  7. bps

bps Member

I get what you are saying cricketics. I was wondering same thing. I have seen that to see a cellphone screen on a tv I need a micro usb to female hdmi adapter and then a male hdmi to male hdmi lead. However if I can fit a micro hdmi directly into the phone's micro usb port then all I would need is a micro hdmi male to standard hdmi cable (and no need for an adapter). In other words the micro hdmi would have to be same shape and do same job as a micro usb. Which of the 2 options is correct?...1..use a micro usb to standard hdmi female adapter plus normal hdmi male to male high speed extension lead or 2.. just use a micro hdmi to normal hdmi high speed lead.