Difference with one click lag fix

Last Updated:

1. jrdoll28

jrdoll28 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I just rooted my phone and applied the one click lag fix and am now getting quadrant scores in the 2000's. I haven't noticed any difference though in speed, though I didn't find much lag to begin. I only find lag when trying to add apps to my homescreens. After hitting shortcuts and then applications, it will take a good 30 seconds to bring up all my apps, (40-50ish). This hasn't changed after the fix.

Also, since I'm a newb to android and rooting, do I need to backup anything since I'm rooted, or is that just if you are flashing a custom ROM?

Advertisement
  2. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

i always found it nice to back up settings and apps whenever you think you got everything working the way it should?

3. JDM9499

JDM9499 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. After applying the lag fix, my phone changed dramatically, in terms of apps opening up much much faster, and Facebook, News apps etc., loading content (Photo's videos) so much faster, it makes the phone feel as though it is a different phone. Where I noticed the biggest improvement, was with the email app. All of the content loads quicker, doesn't *FC*, and the emails send speedy, plus the deletion of emails is seconds, rather than MINUTES.

Have you tried the stock email app? Opening FB? Loading images/videos via third party apps? The above, were my 'real world' changes, in that I noticed vast response improvements.

4. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

The way the phone is i almost think the lag fix is an necessity. One of the primary reason to root is so you can apply lag fix twitter and web browsing are viable now. Thats my opinion at least :)