Different Battery Issue, Help!

Last Updated:

1. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I know about the wake time on the phone and my phone is only on 19% of the time but my phone is still draining the battery somehow. It was fine not too long ago but now its just sitting there and the battery goes down by itself??

I have "spare parts" app and it says that nothing is on that can be draining my battery. Someone tell me what I can do please!

Advertisement
  2. clfblackhawk

clfblackhawk Member

I have the exact same problem! I just rooted my phone and have Fresh 1.1. Before the root I could go all day no problem and still have over half battery life. Today is the first day with it rooted and its been off the charger for 5 hours and is already dead... Spare parts shows nothing eating my battery life, this is irritating

3. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

hmm... do you guys use "HTC Battery Widget"? I know after downloading this, it really ate away at my battery just to show me battery percentage. Also, do you have mail app-Gmail-Facebook-twitter or anything else updating every 5-10-15 minutes?

4. clfblackhawk

clfblackhawk Member

Yeah i have the battery widget however i had it before i rooted with no problems. I have twitter and facebook, updating about every hour, but that is the same since before the root as well. The only thing that has changed is me rooting my phone and changing my taskbar and lockscreen around. I also did buy an advanced appkiller from the market, but the reviews on it no one has problems with it, it actually helped their battey, plus i dont run it in the background, i just use it to close out of eerything before i put my phone back into my pocket

5. Palomino

Oh crap! I have the gmail app running but I dont know how often it is updating. Hmmm... let me check that out. Thanks.

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Where can I find the awake time on my phone? I've looked through it countless times but cant seem to find it.

7. Palomino

OK here's a NOOB question, how do I adjust how often the gmail app updates?

8. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Menu>Settings>About Phone>Status> Scroll all the way down to Awake Time :D

i VTAK likes this.
  9. Palomino

I know that i mean to adjust settings for the awake time. On the gmail app.