• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Iconia B1 711 ROM

UC_Photo_003.jpg
Hello tech savvy's... I need help instantly... Is there any way to install samsung tab3 firmware in acer iconia tab??
Ok...... The real thing i want to say is.... My tab... That is acer iconia b1 711 is stuck with an error..... Its showing up"process.phone.... has stopped"... I did a hard reset.. Wiped data everything but in vain.... And there is no firmware available for my tab anywhere in internet.... Plz.. Help me.... I want to use this tab...

Upvote 0
But El presidente.... Its happening after factory reset.. Did you looked the pic.... And there is no cust. ROM Anywhere in internet.... NOT EVEN IN ACER'S WEBSITE.... PLZ HELP... The thing is i rooted and made changes to UNAUTHORIZED PHONE.APK...... thats why... So a fresh firmware is only possible..... WAIT WAIT.... i have an Update.zip file that i received from Acer before this mashup... But its not installing... Because its verifying the apps and some are not verified so... INSTALLATION ABORTED... Then i made changes to updater script file to ignore verifications... But when i try to install this, before starting itself iys showing INSTALLATION ABORTED....

Upvote 0
A factory reset only deletes user-installed apps and data. It won't change anything in the system, so if you changed the system software a factory reset won't fix that.

If you made a backup before messing with the system restoring that will fix it (and if not, next time you know why you should).

If you are using a custom recovery then you should be able to toggle off verification in the recovery settings without modifying the zip. But before doing anything else, do you know what is in that "update.zip"? Because it could be anything, and if you don't know there is no guarantee it won't make things worse.

Otherwise, exactly which model is the "Acer iconica tab"? If it's the A100 then you can find a few ROMs here. If it's a different model let us know and we'll see what we can find - do not try to flash a ROM intended for a different device. And make a backup using your custom recovery before you try to flash the ROM, so that if anything goes wrong you can at least get back to where you are now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A factory reset only deletes user-installed apps and data. It won't change anything in the system, so if you changed the system software a factory reset won't fix that.

If you made a backup before messing with the system restoring that will fix it (and if not, next time you know why you should).

If you are using a custom recovery then you should be able to toggle off verification in the recovery settings without modifying the zip. But before doing anything else, do you know what is in that "update.zip"? Because it could be anything, and if you don't know there is no guarantee it won't make things worse.

Otherwise, exactly which model is the "Acer iconica tab"? If it's the A100 then you can find a few ROMs here. If it's a different model let us know and we'll see what we can find - do not try to flash a ROM intended for a different device. And make a backup using your custom recovery before you try to flash the ROM, so that if anything goes wrong you can at least get back to where you are now.
i dont have backup.. My tab is iconia b1 711... And im having normal recovery.... Not any custom..

Upvote 0
It's not. If you click the link as opposed to saving it, you are taken to a download page which gives you a password. That page then redirects to the actual download which in turn asks for the password to confirm the download.

I inputted the password and the file downloads ... But it is bad zip, only 2 Kb

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones