different galaxy tab 2 10.1 versionsGeneral

1. kanahpoo

kanahpoo Member

Does anyone know the difference between these listed versions of the tabs 2 10.1?

GT-P5100
    GT-P5110
    GT-P5113

I suppose the P5100 is the 3G version, but i can't seem to find major differences between the GT-P5110 and the GT-P5113. Both are listed as 16Gb Wi-Fi version. Retailers seem to list the 16gb wifi version as GT-P5110, but in a few unboxing videos the GT-P5113 appears.

Is this just a minor revision or perhaps a regional difference?

Thanks in advance,
    Kanahpoo

Advertisement
    :
  2. michaelg14

michaelg14 New Member

I don't know about the others but I have a P5113. It is WIFI 16 GB. Can I answer any questions about it?
  3. locknalarm

locknalarm New Member

How to I tether a wi-fi only GT-P5113 to a Galaxy Nexus Phone Is it Bluetoooth or USB, Do I need to root either or both?

Thanks
  4. goldsnake

goldsnake New Member

I have just bought a Samsung Tab 2 10.1. I downloaded a manual and found it was for GT-P5113. I have the GT-P5110 version. At the time of purchase I did not know there were 2 versions other a 3g and a wifi.
    The difference I have found is that the GT-P5110 does not have the "Smart remot"e that you can use on your television/video/dvd player. Also I have noticed that in my version there are some apps missing.:(
  5. brownkity

brownkity New Member

I have a question about the differences in samsung galaxy tablets and their USB cables... I broke my cable, so it's iffy with charging now, and ordered one for the gt-p5100 instead of the gt-p5113 from China off of eBay. My eBay bucks expire on the 2nd of November, and I won't get it in time to buy another one if this is wrong.

Do you know what older model cables work with the new samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 aka Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 GT P5113?

I hope to find out before November so that I can use my bucks to buy a different one if need be, or of I'll have to shell out the money for the original cable..

Thank You in advance. =)
  6. schneidr

schneidr Active Member

I use FoxFi BT DUN on my Droid X to PDA Tablet on mu P5113.

Install FoxFi and follow the web link to the instructions.
  7. brownkity

brownkity New Member

Yay, I was trying to do it via a search for foxfi, and going to the Google store, but the addon app showed me where to go.
    I have sprint.
  8. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

Have been doing a lot of reading and this may answer some questions people have posted, especially about HDMI out. Apparently the 5113 has this feature while the other versions don't. Was a bit befuddled when I first read the Tab 10.1 doesn't do this because in my packaging I found an insert about accessories and an HDTV adapter is one of them. Anyone here use this feature on the 5113?

I like this thing A LOT so the HDMI out isn't a huge deal, yet I am also a tech junkie so if I can use it, I will :D

Carrie
  9. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Carrie where did you see this insert ?? I am looking at mine I picked up today and do not see that.

10. CarrieK

Hi Don, it was in the box with the Safety Manual and little getting started guide.

[​IMG]
  11. DonB

Cool didn't get that but good to known .Glad to see you back in tbe forums

How much did you pay for your Tab if you dont mind me asking, I got mine today from Costco paid $279 and included pouch
  12. CarrieK

Glad to be back :) I got mine at Electronic Express for $279 and it was originally on sale for $299, but a guy we've dealt with for years was in there and he's kind of high on the food chain so he gave us a little extra off. We were shopping for other family members and at when I saw the display model I knew I was done for. At first I thought they'd be out, but they had a couple two left so... :D. Kinda had a rough year, lots of stupid medical stuff, but am doing better and have a couple new toys to cheer me up! ;)
    DonB likes this.
  13. DonB

CarrieK likes this.
  14. CarrieK

Hey, I'm really flattered! I'll check into it. Might be the perk I need! Thank you
    DonB likes this.
  15. DonB

Go ahead and apply, I think you would be great, I already made Steven aware and is looking forward to your APP ;)

CarrieK likes this.
  16. CarrieK

I applied :D I really appreciate the recommendation :)
    DonB likes this.
  17. schneidr

schneidr Active Member

I tried this with my X and Tab 2. Works but phone will reboot after about fifteen minutes. Does that happen to you?
  18. schneidr

schneidr Active Member

Your right. It does support HDMI/HDTV.

http://www.samsung.com/us/system/co...tsyxar/Galaxy_Tab_II_10.1_Spec_Sheets_v13.pdf
    ShannonMiami and CarrieK like this.
  19. CarrieK

I have the SGS3 and use Foxfi with BT DUN and so far no phone reboots. I realize we're talking about two different phones but thought I'd share my experience.

Carrie :)
  20. mmedina26

mmedina26 New Member

I am looking to purchase a case on amazon for my samsung galaxy tablet 2 10.1 p5113.. but does anyone know if there is any difference between the p5113 & p5100 case wise?
  21. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

The P5100 Case does not have an opening for IR on the top edge
    ShannonMiami likes this.
  22. mmedina26

mmedina26 New Member

Ok & thats the only difference?
  23. Bosbouer

If you are comparing similar cases yes.
  24. bst_9810

bst_9810 New Member

Hello, i would like to have some answers about this Version of Galaxy tab 2 10.1 model GT-P5113: I have to change the housing which has been damaged and i have to order it from ebay, but all i get as replacement parts is for the model GT-P5100...If anyone could help me and tell me if i do purchase the new housing for the model GT-P5100, will it FIT for my tablet Samsung Tab 2 10.1 model GT-P5113??? thanks
    ShannonMiami likes this.
  25. Bosbouer

Not if you want to retain the use of the IR blaster.