Different LED Colors for Different Notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DGalt, Dec 1, 2009.

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    My phone is on silent or vibrate pretty much all day, and it would be great to tell by just the LED color what type of notification I have. I know handcent lets me pick a different color for text messages. Is there any way to change the color for other things? I know the apps themselves (e.g. GTalk, GMail, etc.) don't let you, but is there an app out there that will?

Advertisement
  2. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Missed Call lets you change it for calls, both incoming and missed, but nothing at this point can change other stock programs' settings.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I use SMS Popup that allows me to change the LED color for texts. So, for e-mails, the stock green LED shines. For text messages, I have it set at blue. But other than that, I don't know how how to set the LED color for anything else.

4. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    it's most GTalk and GMail I care about since I'd like to know when I'm getting an email vs. a message (I use GTalk a lot). like I said, handcent already lets me change text color. and I don't get many phone calls lol

5. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    TV Production Mgr
    Idaho
    Missed Call is what I use. It will *override* the app that's making the notification if you tell that app not to. For example, I have told Handcent to turn off it's notifications.

I have a slow green for email, a fast blue for txt, and the stock voicemail notification. :D

enjoy!
    Dan

6. awesomefabulous

awesomefabulous Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Will SMS Popup eat my battery if I install it just for the LED color change? I don't care about seeing messages on the home screen.

7. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Is the green for email just the default? Because I don't see anything in Missed Call for email even if I go into GMail and turn off notifications.

8. cranky_dan

Nov 6, 2009
    TV Production Mgr
    Idaho
    Actually, the *email* is the app I had to leave alone, not voicemail. The stock email app has a green notification flash.

My bad.

But you *can* see how tailoring your notifications can be done with Missed Call, yes?

9. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    yes, I just can't modify the two things I use most :(

10. cranky_dan

Nov 6, 2009
    TV Production Mgr
    Idaho
    Oh, fiddlesticks. Sorry!

I hope ya find something.

11. PhillyPhandroid

PhillyPhandroid New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I use the Meebo app from the Android Market, which can host all major chats through the one app and allows you to choose any color for your IM notification. I run my Google Chat, AIM, and Facebook chat through Meebo. They also have ICQ, MSN, Yahoo and about 15 or 20 other chats available. If you also register for a Meebo.com chat account, they will record all your chat histories, which is a great bonus to me. I have Meebo set to blink pink whenever I get an IM from any of my chat accounts. Seperately, my emails blink green, and my calendar notices blink blue.

12. spydie

spydie New Member

Sep 16, 2011
    use Lite Flow or Lite Flow pro. Change the color of your LED (most Motorolas and some other phones, I have an Atrix. Some phones don't have LEDs that can change colors, like my old Evo) for anything out there. Lots of colors and other reminders.