• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different LED Colors for Different Notifications?

DGalt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
My phone is on silent or vibrate pretty much all day, and it would be great to tell by just the LED color what type of notification I have. I know handcent lets me pick a different color for text messages. Is there any way to change the color for other things? I know the apps themselves (e.g. GTalk, GMail, etc.) don't let you, but is there an app out there that will?

Missed Call lets you change it for calls, both incoming and missed, but nothing at this point can change other stock programs' settings.

Missed Call is what I use. It will *override* the app that's making the notification if you tell that app not to. For example, I have told Handcent to turn off it's notifications.

I have a slow green for email, a fast blue for txt, and the stock voicemail notification. :D

enjoy!
Dan

Upvote 0
Missed Call is what I use. It will *override* the app that's making the notification if you tell that app not to. For example, I have told Handcent to turn off it's notifications.

I have a slow green for email, a fast blue for txt, and the stock voicemail notification. :D

enjoy!
Dan

Is the green for email just the default? Because I don't see anything in Missed Call for email even if I go into GMail and turn off notifications.

Upvote 0
I use the Meebo app from the Android Market, which can host all major chats through the one app and allows you to choose any color for your IM notification. I run my Google Chat, AIM, and Facebook chat through Meebo. They also have ICQ, MSN, Yahoo and about 15 or 20 other chats available. If you also register for a Meebo.com chat account, they will record all your chat histories, which is a great bonus to me. I have Meebo set to blink pink whenever I get an IM from any of my chat accounts. Seperately, my emails blink green, and my calendar notices blink blue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones