Different Music player

Last Updated:

1. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Desire 2.2

The standard music player does not play MP3 files in track order and therefore album order - sort of nice for symphonies; upgrade to 2.2 did not cure this problem.

Used Mortplayer, because it uses track order, when Desire had 2.1; main gripe was no genre selection. Author said on his long todo list.

What I want; after basic natural requirement of playing in track order (obligation for classical and to hear how the jazz/pop artist wanted their music played e.g. live concert):-

1) Selection by genre then album then track; default sort - standard player goes to artist first not album. Also when I go back from current playing stay in current genre and albums; annoying to have to use multiple presses to get back to classical/jazz/comedy albums from songs, with over 5000 tracks!

2) No album art; most, nearly all of my files are ripped from CD/tape/LP I own many of which, over 90%, do not seem to have the album art online so standard symbol shown anyway.

3) Screen space saved, by not showing album art, can be used to display full track information; classical track names are very often long e.g.

1 String Quartet in A minor Op.132- Assai sostenuto-allegro
    5 String Quartet in A minor Op.132- Allegro appassionato

being some the 5 tracks on one album which the music player shows as:-

String Quartet in A minor Op.1
    for all 5 tracks (note track number in files but not displayed nor used)???

4) For selected genre e.g. pop/jazz random track playing (No conflict with basic track order playing requirement; there are times when I want to hear random tracks in a genre)

Anyone heard of such a player?

Advertisement