Different phone replacementGeneral

Last Updated:

1. redplate

redplate Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I was the guy that said you can't get a 20 dollar bill for a 10 dollar bill but I don't think it is fair that I have to go through 3 of these phones in less than 6 months. Trackball and silent call issues on #1 and trackball issues on #2. I love this phone but I don't want to be waiting or wondering when trackball is going to go out on my 3rd phone especially if it happens after the one year warranty. I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck getting a different phone due to extensive problems with the Eris. I used up my upgrade 4 months ago so that is out of the question right now.

Advertisement
  2. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

I did, from Eris to Incredible. In one week I had three different phones, two weeks after that the guy didn't even waste my time offering another Eris he just told me to tell him which one I wanted. When I said Moto Droid, he said he would rather keep me with the same manufacturer, thus the DInc.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There are too many Erises at the stores now that have been "refurbished" and remain buggy and not reliable. It seems smart to get to a new device rather than the refurb merry-g-round.

You may have to pay, or do what some are reporting as successful in getting what they want: try more than one store with your explanation.

4. carlhill

carlhill Member

I went to the store last week and talked to the manager. I told him I was on number 3 and I just didn't want another Eris. I was polite, didn't make any demands or threaten to leave Verizon, just nice and to the point. He ordered me the original Droid. 2 days later the package came with an Eris in it and a Droid back cover. I went back into the store and he was going to re-order again, but when the system wouldn't allow switching phone brands, he gave me an early upgrade and a $250 credit for a new Motorola Droid. So I wound up only paying the tax of $15. I've had it a week and it is snappy fast, blows the Eris away in many areas. The keyboard is terrible though.
    After finding out yesterday that Motorola has stopped making the Droid, and Assurion has stopped replacing it, I wonder if I could switch it within the 30 day period for something newer that will be more easily replaceable. Don't know if the store will go for that but it is worth a shot. Perhaps I can offer to pay the difference and get the X or Droid 2. When I first thought about it, it seemed I would be pushing my luck, but then I thought about being stuck in an obselete phone for two more years and decided it is a worth a shot.

ch

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That is amazing.. they actually put one model in another model's box? Somebody at the warehouse has got quite a sense of humor is is grossly incompetent.

Happy ending, though.. good.