• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Different reminders for different calendars

A

Android Question

I have a Google calendar for meetings and another Google calendar for everything else. I'd like the phone to notify me for both calendars but use different volume/tone/vibration. The reason is that I'd like meeting reminders to be loud and continuous so that I don't miss a meeting, but for everything else (e.g. make dinner) I'd like a more subtle reminder.

Essentially I'd like to set a different notification for different calendars.

I tried something like 10 calendar apps: none has this functionality. I tried combining them (e.g. install 2 apps, turn notifications on only for one calendar in one app and turn notifications only for one calendar in the other app) and failed: they all seem to derive their calendar syncing centrally, so they either both notify for calendar x or they both don't notify.

Does anyone have a solution? I can't be the only one wanting to be reminded differently if I have a meeting with a CEO vs. making dinner.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones