Different ring types per contact?General

Last Updated:

1. Frozen8950

Frozen8950 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there is a way or program that can let the phone ring when my girlfriend calls but keep it on silent for everyone else.

I just moved from a Blackberry and I was able to do it on those phones
    I see you can have different ring tones per contact.
    However I sleep during the day (work nights) and i put my phone on silent but on my blackberry i could have a profile set for only my girlfriend and my phone would ring no matter if i had it on silent or not.

Is this possible on a droid?
    Id really hate to have my phone going off all day long just so i would be able to hear my girlfriend call.

Advertisement
  2. JamesM

JamesM Member

There was an app on appbrain.com that allowed this. If no one gets you the name before tonight, I'll get it for you. (Blocked at work because our web filter classifies it as Game Playing.)

Search for "A Call Filter" or "VIP". It wasn't one of those, but it got me in the right direction. It allows certain contacts to bypass the silent setting (Wife, girlfriend, parents, etc.).

One of them is VIP Calls English, but this appears to have bad reviews. I'll get the on my appbrain list tonight - it's better.

3. Frozen8950

Never heard of appbrain.com
    Thanks for the link I like the site!

I found Ring Manager Widget. It seems that it will do the trick. I have to do some tests but it looks promising.

4. JamesM

JamesM Member

Thats the one I think I have on my list. :)

5. WhiskyDevil

WhiskyDevil Member

In the People app you can edit the contact and assign a specific ringtone. There is another setting to send the call directly to voice mail. I jus got the phone and haven't tested this yet.

6. Frozen8950

I dont think you read my post.
    I understand you can have unique ringtones per contact but thats not what Im asking.

7. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

you must have one hell of a gf LOL j/k all gf's are great....till you get married ;)