• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different/Saved Volume Setting For Headphones and Speakers?

Hello, all!

I just got my first Android phone today: A Motorola Moto G LTE. Loving it so far!

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a way to do this... On my iPod Touch, it allowed me to have a different sound setting saved for when my headphones plugged in, and a different level for when they were unplugged.

I tried "Hearing Saver," but it neither has the exact functionality I want, and it's also quite buggy. What it does, is it resets the volume to presets when the headphones are unplugged/plugged in. What I want is it to simply save them in the last state.

Thanks!
ElectroPulse

Hi ElectroPulse,

I can't think of (or remember seeing) an application that will do what you want, but it shouldn't be too difficult to work up a profile in Tasker that would do it. Tasker is a bit of a power-user app with quite a learning curve; if you decide to go that route, feel free to post in our Tasker subforum for some guided assistance from our Tasker nerds. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones