different signatures for different e-mail accounts?Support

Last Updated:

1. abigroot

abigroot New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a quick question (I hope at least). I have two e-mail accounts, 1 SBC and one an Exchange Server. When I set up my signature (for work), it seems to put that signature for both accounts. Is there a way to seperate the signature lines for each email account? I tried deleting it from my home account and it will delete it from both. there seems to be no separation.

Advertisement
  2. rambo47

rambo47 Well-Known Member

Right now it looks like the answer is "no". I have a GMail account set up in the GMail app, and 3 other email accounts in the Email app. GMail is no problem, but the other 3 in Email all use the same signature. Which blows. I set a fairly generic signature but it's far from optimal.

As a former BlackBerry user I really miss the app called Autotext. It would convert a pre-defined letter/number combination to whatever you wanted. So when I typed "bbba" at the bottom of an email it would become my signature A. Likewise, "bbbg" converted to my GMail signature. I used "bbbp" for a personal signature, no business info, that was 4 lines of contact info under my standard closing (Regards, Bob). The trick was to use a letter combination that you wouldn't normally type, otherwise Autotext would change it and you'd have to backspace to undo the change. Very simple fix, but if you didn't notice that Autotext had done it's thing you would have words inserted in seemingly nonsensical fashion. The other great thing about Autotext is the ability of a user to program in commonly used words, so typing "ty" in an email could be translated to "they're".

Failing the inclusion of unique signatures for each account, or selectable signatures on a per-message basis (not optimal, but better than no choices), Autotext would be a wonderful solution.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

It must be a glitch of some sort since stock android allows it just fine. Make it known to Samsung and/or Sprint to get it fixed. I know I don't want my company info going out in my personal emails. Don't even want my last name going out in my personal emails.

4. D5Ful

D5Ful Member

Has this issue been fixed? I have multiple email accounts where I'd like to have different email signatures...

The last entry gets updated into the other accounts. :confused:

Any fixes yet?

Thanks.

5. dbpaddler

Using maildroid and K9. I ditched stock except for my one exchange account. Why stock doesn't do push yet is beyond me. I'll add an account and report back.

6. dbpaddler

And no. Still not fixed. Such a dumb ass mistake not to get corected after 6 months.

7. D5Ful

D5Ful Member

Which email application so you like better than the stock...and does it have the different signature feature?

Thanks.

8. dbpaddler

I have both on the phone and used to go back and forth, just turning of the connection for one when using the other, but I seem to be using Maildroid more and more. I use the free ad version because I can't fathom spending $18 for an app I shouldn't have to get in the first place. Stock email should be done this well.

You can have different sigs in either app. I just find Maildroid a little cleaner and smoother for the most part. I still get some connection glitches from time to time, but overall it' a good app. Wish email was a little more webOS/iphone like in appearance, but what can you do? I also like the dark theme so it has a dark background and uses less juice.

D5Ful likes this.