Different sounds for message and AlarmSupport

Last Updated:

1. freeman2k

freeman2k Member This Topic's Starter

I post this thread to ask whether there is a way to set different sounds for message and alarm notification. I have a cool sound set for message notification (something like "Message arrives"). However, in the setting, there are only Phone Ringtone(for incoming calls) and Notification Ringtone(for both message and alarm notification. Therefor, when I do something like plug-in my phone to PC, the message ringtone is played, which is quite annoying.
    My question is that is there any way to set the separate sounds for message and alarm notifications? (maybe an app)

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

3. freeman2k

Very thank :)

4. freeman2k

X10iUser: ...and put your tones in the appropriate folders, then when you use settings to change your tones they will then show up in the appropriate selection window.

Well, I am really confused. I did exactly as you said but nothing change. The "Sound&Display" setting menu is still the same, with only one option for choosing sound tone for both message notification and alarm notification. Or is it what suppose to be?
    What i ask is the way to config separate sound for message notification apart from alarm notification.

5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

And what I've explained will allow you to do so. Put the tones in the appropriate folders, and then set the ringtone, then the notification folder, and when you set your alarm and go to choose a tone you will see your tones for that.

6. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member

try ringdroid app

7. freeman2k

He He, thanks everyone. What a newbie am I :D
    All i have to do is go to Setting menu, set some sound for Notification, then go to Message -> Setting, set different sound, and bingo.
    I am using HandcentSMS so the config is actually very easy :D