different text message and email ringers

Last Updated:

1. ThomasJ

ThomasJ New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Members, I am new to the Droid, I was wondering I have moved music to the droid ( from Verizon ) from my computer, and just put them under the memory card, the songs are saved in the area of music, I can listen to the songs, just dont know how to make a specific song or ringtone as a text message ringer or email, I have searched but could find nothing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Thomas

Advertisement
  2. Unimaginative

Unimaginative Member

You'll need to create a few folders and move you MP3s to them to have them appear in the list of available tones. I originally created folders called 'alarms', 'notifications' and 'ringtones' in the root of my SDcard, though recently I found that you can create a folder called 'media' and then all of those a subdirectories in that which helps keep things a bit tidier. You just move your MP3s to those and they'll appear in the lists you can select in Messaging and Gmail (don't know about Email though, as don't use it). You'll primarily be after 'notifications' (Gmail and Messaging - SMS/MMS) and 'ringtones' (explains itself).

3. Betina

Betina Member

If you move the MP3s to the media subfolders - will you still be able to listen to the mp3s from the musicplayer?

4. thecrazing

thecrazing Well-Known Member