Differentiate between email inbox's in notification barSupport

Last Updated:

1. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might be a dumb question but is there any way (or app) that would allow us to change the white envelope in the notification bar for email? I ask because I have 2 accounts, one Yahoo and another Exchange for work. I never know which email account gets a new email unless I expand the notification or enter the email app.

It would be great to be able to have a little "Y" icon (or something) for a Yahoo email and another icon for the exchange email. That way I can just ignore all the exchange email that comes in after work and only bother looking if it is a Yahoo email. Anything out there?

Advertisement
  2. jpepping

jpepping Member

The Yahoo app does just that. The notification is a Y and a little envelope.

3. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I tried the yahoo app just for the notification icon. I thought it worked great at first but it doesn't clear the notification once you read the email on the stock email app. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I was hoping that once I read the email on the stock app and it updated the server online it would then push the "marked as read" to the yahoo app and clear the notification automatically. It didn't.

I'm actually surprised that no one else has talked about this more on these forums. I'm sure I'm not the only one with multiple email accounts. It would be nice to be able to quickly glance at the notification bar and determine which account has unread emails. Right now, all I get are white envelopes but that doesn't tell me much when I have 3 or 4 email accounts active.

Oh well. Maybe a solution will present itself one day. Appreciate the reply.