Differont rom users

Last Updated:

1. screwthe49ers

screwthe49ers Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK, for all of us that have tried out the different roms (Haykuro, JF, The Dude, Cyanogen, Rogers, Ion, Hero, etc.), what do you like/dislike about them. What made you change to something else? Do you feel as if any of them are too similar to others to not warrant changing?

Personally, I started w/ JesusFrek and I have tried all the others except for Rogers, but will try that just for exchange support due to work. Loved Hero, but it ran too slow w/o overclocking. Ion was cool, superfast.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

My tried and true is Devolio's Modified JK ADP 1.5 stable, fast (with Apps 2 SD) also SU and White list WORK !!

3. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

agreed i have tried all the most recent builds including hero and ion and IMO i Devolio's build is fast reliable and has no issues... and i will take that over new or better graphics anyday....

4. SHIZNT

SHIZNT Member

I love the look and feel of Haykuro's Hero build but agree it runs a little slow and is a little buggy (having to force close every now and agian!).

5. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member

YO I wanna chime in to!!!

I have used JF 1.5, Ion and now Rogers.

So far I have like Rogers the best. Its quick and has some added features like:

-Digital Zoom for both Camera and Video
    -the phone gives a little vibrate burst when the user on the other line either answers there phone or VM picks up
    -Exchange support*(although I dont use it)
    - some UI tweaks (nothing to insane)
    -onscreen keyboard of course
    -PDF viewer
    -Quick Office

and im sure there are others. So yeah, i have no real reason to go back to ION except that I like one of the ringtones it came with! haha

6. screwthe49ers

screwthe49ers Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm there with you on Rogers. I just went there from JF and I cant see myself going back. Fast & stable w/ zoom, exchange, and pdf viewing. 2 out of those 3 were features I thought the G1 shipped with or at least included in Cupcake.