Difficult choice in choosing carriers and phones!

Last Updated: 2011-04-10 01:12:23

What carrier and phone?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2011.
  1. MetroPCS - LG Optimus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MetroPCS - Ascend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sprint - EVO 4G

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Sprint - Epic 4G

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this website, so sorry if I break any rules.​
    Well anyway, My two year contract with AT&T is coming to an end around late May to early June. I am definitely not going back to AT&T for a long while. Its a shame, I love their phones and customer service, but they are getting too expensive and I am sick and tired of paying around $160 a month for two people, and we don't even have smartphones! I am looking at MetroPCS and Sprint. MetroPCS by FAR has the best prices out there. They don't have a 3g network, and customer service is dismal at best. I would love to go to 4g, but MetroPCS's Galaxy Indulge is $400 which would be $800 for two phones. That is way out of my budget. So I am looking at either the Huawei Ascend or the LG Optimus M. They are both android but the Optimus beats the Ascend in almost every aspect except screen size. I absolutely love Metro's pay to go plans also. However, I am worried about MetroPCS's slow network speed, which is why I am also looking into Sprint.​
    Sprint's smartphone plan is the same as what I'm paying now. But, it IS a smartphone plan. Since Sprint has reasonable 4g prices, and reasonable phone prices I am looking at the HTC EVO 4g and the Samsung Epic 4g. They both would be monumental upgrades from my plan and phone's I have now. The major downside with Sprint is I have to sign a two year contract with the devil, so to speak.​

What do you guys think? Should I go with Metro or Sprint? What phones should I get from this carrier? If you have any information about Sprint and Metro I would like to know, to help make a decision. Are these carriers about to release any new phones I'm not aware of?

EVO 4g
    Sprint HTC EVO? 4G
    Epic
    Sprint - Define Region
    Optimus
    http://www.metropcs.com/shop/PhoneDetails.aspx?ProductId=LGMS690(Phones)
    Ascend
    Buy Huawei Ascend Android Cell Phone from MetroPCS.

Advertisement
  2. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Optimus - crap
    Ascend - crap

Evo 4G - great
    Epic 4G- great
  3. egmoto7

egmoto7 Member

check out the new HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon.. it is the same as the HTC EVO from sprint.
  4. I can't afford Verizon. It's even more then AT&T.
  5. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

if you like sprint, but want no contract look into the
    samsung galaxy prevail on boost mobile. no contract/cdma(sprint) towers,
    $179.00 for the phone/ pure froyo(no overlays) $50.00 month with shrinkage,
    every 6 months your plan goes down $5.00 until you get to $35.00 for everything for life. the galaxy prevail is not the killer bomb of all smart
    phones, but it is a cool unit and it has a 1500 battery. it is also not so friggin
    huge as alot of the phones today that you need a backpack to carry it around in.
    it's a sweet deal, if you don't need the top of the line phone. i am ordering mine next week
    and porting my number over from simple mobile.