difficultu with forms explination

Last Updated:

1. sixtythree

sixtythree Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've experienced this but could'nt quite pinpoint what I was experiencing. Thats because it does not happend all the time. I replied to a question asked in android media "watch tv" but when all the replys were in and I got back to check, was unable to figure out which were responses to my question or the original post. Of all the information, does any of it apply to me? very confussing.

Thats why i started posting messages and include my spcific phone. I found some responses did not have the same internal options of other phones.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello sixtythree.

Threads moved are always left with a redirect link, so that you can see your post/thread in its original place, and go directly to it by clicking that link (the title remains the same).

Reasons for moving are nearly always having to do with the specific device. Sometimes though, we'll see queries in the Updates or News area that should be seen by users of your device for a good response and we have to move the thread to either a device forum or to the Android Lounge, for example.

If some confusion has arisen, as you describe, it's possible that a mistake was made and that your thread was inadvertently put in the wrong forum for your question, thus the irrelevant responses. We apologize, that can happen, we're doing our best but we are just human.

If I were you, I'd re-post your question in the place you think it belongs, I'll watch for it and go from there.

One other thing, it's also possible that "topic drift" left the original subject of your question unanswered; we try to discourage that, but it's hard because these forums are vast and it's not easy to read every single thread and look for rampant topic drift.

I hope this explanation helps you.

3. sixtythree

sixtythree Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

["topic drift" left the original subject of your question unanswered; we try to discourage that, but it's hard because these forums are vast and it's not easy to read every single thread and look for rampant topic drift.

I hope this explanation helps you.[/QUOTE]

Now that is the word i was looking for.:confused: topic drift :D. thats what happends to subjects sometimes and I find that the answers provided are not specific for me, as some android phones are capable of different internal options. I did not realyze this until the discovery of this form. I figured and android was an android.

I did not mean the original post as a complaint. From now on will not use "problem with form" You guys & gals are great. keep up the good work

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You should consider putting your device make and model in your profile as your profile is displayed to the left of each of your messages. Currently it's blank. Notice how Frisco's profile states that the device is a Samsung Fascinate?