• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Diffulty with Samsung support site

For what kies? It should be automatic when you plug it through USB.
...is my frustration. I have a Kies Air icon, but this is only for WiFi, right?
I had just about given up, when I got the idea to connect online with the
phone. I got the green droidy, which turned orange when I tapped
the "connect via USB" (or wadeva) button.
2) I could transfer files just fine then. I even disconnected and tried again...
no problem.
3) I tried to connect phone and PC again via USB today. No dice. I troubleshooted
(seeing the yellow exclamation icon), recieved a prompt to get a driver,
but CANNOT GET SUPPORT ON THE SAMSUNG SITE TO PULL UP MY PHONE
(sch i777). It doesn't appear to be listed.

Upvote 0
Did you put it in the same usb pot that worked earlier? If not the computer would have to reconfigure the drivers for that port as well. Make sure you have an internet connection on the computer so it can automatically search online . Try rebooting your computer first before any of this. See if it helps

Reactions: BWRpota
Upvote 0
Did you put it in the same usb pot that worked earlier? If not the computer would have to reconfigure the drivers for that port as well. Make sure you have an internet connection on the computer so it can automatically search online . Try rebooting your computer first before any of this. See if it helps
That was apparently exactly what the problem was. As you suggested, I plugged the phone into the port used when it worked properly.
Owe you a fruit basket, or a McDonald's gift certificate.
How 'bout a "Thanks"? (CLICK!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones