Digital compass

Last Updated: 2010-06-04 23:07:34
  1. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

I have searched this and found nothing,so, i am on T-Mob with my Desire and have just realised i have no Digital Compass.Or am i looking in wrong place ? ,have tried manage apps ,and its not listed ,compass mode works ok in Maps,so whats happening?.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

Just search for "compass" in the market if you want one,there's loads to choose from.
  3. michiel.van.wessem

michiel.van.wessem Well-Known Member

Hmm not sure, not seen one on the Desire itself. However I have installed the free compass from snaptic which is quite good. Just have a look on the market for that.
  4. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

5. michiel.van.wessem

michiel.van.wessem Well-Known Member

That looks pretty much like the Compass App as offered by Snaptic.
  6. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

That's the one I have on mine,it's just called "compass" you can change the style of it to look different.

Compass - Android app on AppBrain
  7. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

There is a default compass on google maps, top right of the screen, but is quite terrible
  8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

the desire has a digital compass inside it, obviously, but as far as i know doesnt come with a specific app for it.

like said above, just search the market for 'compass'.
  9. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

Do you have to calibrate the compass? On my old N97 I had to rotate to phone is a weird pattern to get it to work, and even then it didn't always work.
  10. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Yes the one in the video is just called "compass" on the market, I have it on mine and its great.

Banzibam, yes you do have to calibrate it by waving it around in a figure of 8 pattern. The guy in the video does this but he obviously doesn't know what a figure of 8 is!
  11. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Got it ,really impressed with it ,can now go yomping.