Digital movie copies problem.Support

Last Updated:

1. Sjla2kology101

Sjla2kology101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I just bought Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and it came with a portable copy. but when I put it on my phone I get an error saying "This Item expired. Connect to PC and download license". Can anyone help me with this problem?

Advertisement
  2. pricej636

pricej636 Member

Probably something DRM related. Im guessing though.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Most digital copies are extremely restricted and can only play on certain types of devices. Android-based phones are pretty much never on the list, and even iPhones are often excluded. It's not uncommon for the only way to play the digital copy to be on a Windows-based PC using Windows Media Player, since Microsoft is more than happy to bow down for any and every DRM request the studios make.

To play video or audio on your Android-based phone, you need media that is DRM-free.

The way to really get a digital copy that will play on your phone (or anything else) is to always buy the Blu-ray edition that includes the DVD. DVDs can easily be ripped, and provide more than sufficient resolution for portable devices.

(Blu-ray can be ripped too, but it's harder right now and will cost you in software. By the time there are portable devices that require Bluray-level resolution, we can hope there will be free Blu-ray ripping software).