• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Digital Reins Tablet

emeraldfox76

Lurker
May 16, 2015
Hello! I just got a relatively cheap Digital Reins tablet, but I can't seem to find any information on how to root it. It does, indeed, use Android. Kit Kat, I believe. I've been trying to root it because it's out of space, and when I added a microSD card, it won't automatically use that extra space, and many of the apps I can't move over to it without rooting, apparently. I've been looking everywhere for information on how to do this, but haven't had any luck thus far.

The problems I ran into:
Kingo Root doesn't recognize that my tablet's connected to the pc, even though my computer does recognize it.
I can't use Towelroot because my kernel date is slightly later. It wants pre-June 3rd, 2014... mine is June 24th, 2014.

I was wondering if there was something I could do while it's hooked up to my computer, like in the file folders or something? It appears I have complete access to all of the files/folders if I change the USB to Mass Storage. I'm new to rooting, but a quick study!

Thanks,
EmeraldFox

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones