Dim "bug" in Android 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. mode

mode Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone else experienced this problem. In previous versions of Android, my phone would not dim while in the dock (and off of the dock screen ... i.e. with Pandora open).

After installing CM 6, my screen dims after the 1 minute default timeout. This also happened in the leaked build I tried a while back (which forced me back to 5.0.8). The screen also turns off shortly after dimming.

It drives me insane because I like to have my screen at full brightness while in the dock.

Currently, I have ticked the stay-on feature within application development. Now the screen doesn't turn off, but, it still dims.

Did I miss a setting somewhere? Hopefully someone with more experience can point me to a fix ... this is incredibly irritating.

Thank You,
    mode

Advertisement
  2. gdphishman817

gdphishman817 Active Member

I have found the same thing. The trick I find is that if Car Mode is enabled, the screen doesn't appear to dim.

mode likes this.
  3. mode

Hmm .. I guess that makes sense ..
    You are leaving the Car Dock screen running the background which keeps the screen from dimming.

It will work for now I suppose.

This must be a setting somewhere. I hope someone can point us to it.

4. hotcinnababy

hotcinnababy New Member

I am having the same issue, if on the home screen or in an application, the phone dims in the dock. The only way I can "re dock" is by taking it out because the "dock" isn't in the pull down menu anymore to relaunch the dock setting. This stinks. Though I do like that the screen is much dimmer on the night setting in this 2.2 update, but even on the day setting it goes to digital clock mode after 2 minutes, so you loose that nice dock look. Happy with the night dim setting only in this update. I hope a fix comes out soon. Will try running in car mode, but that seems a bit wrong when in the dock on my desk.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

you could use the app Tasker to set a profile such that IF the Droid is put into the dock it will (1) increase brightness to 255 and (2) shut off the swipe screen/keyguard. That is what I do.

6. mode

... wtf.

You haven't written anything, you've just posted this video in several threads.

What a useless post. We don't want to watch your 11 minute video or subscribe to your shitty youtube channel.

Shameless self promotion.

[EDIT]
    Additionally, this is the root forum and we've had froyo for a while now.