• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dim screen even on max brightness?

liannanator

Aug 2, 2010
My girlfriend and I just got Droid Incredibles on 8/5. They were both manufactured on 7/28 (found out by doing the ##778) and bought from the same Verizon store.

When we are looking at them side by side, hers is brighter and the contrast is slightly crisper than mine. I have messed around with them both, adjusting the screen brightness to low, medium, and high, and no matter what hers is always brighter than mine.

It isn't such a HUGE difference that it makes me unable to use my phone but I am wondering if anyone here has any idea if that could signify a larger problem with the unit (like the screen is going to die or something).

I could be over analyzing the issue, but I figure I might as well decide now if I should get a replacement before I can't return it for a new one, if necessary.

Other than the brightness issue the phone is pretty awesome (minus the slight pink tint on facebook/gmail and the grounding issue on soft surfaces).

Any idea, folks?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones