Dimming 4 buttons while in media dock

Last Updated:

1. Ivanhead

Ivanhead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, anyone found out how you can dim the 4 buttons when your droid is in media dock? I know that they are controlled by the light sensor, and light up when in darkness. Anyway to stop the light sensor? I have tried the brightness, it is set at none, still the little 4 buttons light up as soon as it gets dark. Dim the screen and still can read by the buttons. Why have a dimmer that only dims the screen?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Currently, it is a flaw in the firmware of our DROIDs. If you are rooted, you can install an app called LEDs Hack. Works flawlessly. If you are not rooted, there is nothing you can do. :eek:

3. Ivanhead

Ivanhead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, that sucks. Let's hope they'll fit it in a new firm ware update. I am not ready to root my yet.

4. SteveRyan

SteveRyan Well-Known Member

A work around is to give the Droid a power cycle and put it in the media dock before the screen goes to sleep.

If you notice, when you power up your Droid, the 4 soft keys are not lit. They turn on after the screen times out, or if you mess with the brightness controls.

I know that turning off your Droid before putting it in the media dock kinda sucks, but the 4 soft keys will stay dark.

skunkpbguy likes this.
  5. RunningOnEmpty

RunningOnEmpty Active Member

Won't it work properly if you get a magnet for the back? Since it fools the DROID into thinking it's been placed in the OEM dock it should make the lights turn off, correct?

6. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Nope, that's the problem. The lights don't go out when it is in the dock.