Dinc Camera Bezel question.General

Last Updated:

1. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys. just wonder if you all could take a quick look at your camera bezels around the lens for me. when i look at mine, in the top leftish part there is a small gap between the lens and the bezel. almost like the bezel it self is not completly round. seems like enough space for dust or foreign matter to get in. is it just mine? are all your glass flush on the bezel? just don't seem right. if i take the battery cover off, and press down on the bezel it makes it flush.. but is the bezel supposed to float like that? you think htc would just mail me a new bezel to stick on there? it only seems to be held on with glue of some sort. does any of this make sense at all?i have now put a small dent in the bezel from putting slight pressure on it with my finger nail... seems fragile.

thanks

mike

Advertisement
  2. klownin5643

cant imagine people putting their phones down with no case on them sitting right on that fragile metal ring.

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

By the phone's design, how are you supposed to set it down? Screen side down?

I noticed my camera lens housing was getting a mark or two on it. I just received this cover (not a fan of silicone anything) which actually sticks out far enough to protect the camera lens. It does collect lint from my pocket but the lint comes right off.

4. klownin5643

of course i don't mean set it screen side down. but having this protruding ring that the phone constantly gets set down on seems like it might cause some sort of issue in the long run.

after i noticed the little nic after day 1. i ordered the exact same case.. i love it. makes it sit nice and flush instead of on the lens. im still a bit troubled by this bezel. i know its probly just cosmetic, but its just enough to bug me.the camera and lens itself seem securely attached. i think its just the bezel that moves.

5. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

that's just one reason i like my silicon case. i was not going to let it sit on the camera.

6. klownin5643

so guys is there a gap in your phones or is it just me? im going to email htc anyways to see if there is a way i can get a replacement bezel. i like the word bezel.

7. superchaos

No gap on my bezel and my ring ain't loose or wobbly. (Almost sounds dirty)

klownin5643 likes this.
  8. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

Dust can somewhat get in. There is a foam gasket inside the lens protector, but it might not work that good. The good news is, it's removable so you can clean it. Here some pictures I just took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

atmn77 and klownin5643 like this.
  9. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

I set mine down carefully. I don't like cases, they take away from the look of the phone. But I do question why they designed the lens this way. Doesn't make any sense.

10. superchaos

Funny how they put the liquid sensor right by the camera. I was going to take some underwater photos. Now I am not.

11. klownin5643

wiretap. thanks for the pics.. yeah first pic shows it perfectly. yours is nice and flush. mine seems to have been slightly bent causing a small gap. kudos for pulling yours off to show the actual camera. glad to see what it looks like under it and know its just a slightly off bezel. im temped to pull it off and try and straighten it but ill probly just make it worse... does it snap on or just held on with some sticky stuff? how did you reattach yours?

thanks for the pics

12. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

It just goes on and off with sticky tape. You can always get more from the craft store.

13. TKollman88

TKollman88 Well-Known Member

My bezel is fine..