• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DInc Cannot Be Unlocked After Locking During a Phone Call

theman5434

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
My Incredible has always locked itself automatically during calls, and the proximity sensor has worked flawlessly, until recently. The problem that has arisen is: I am not able to unlock my phone after the proximity sensor locks it up during a phone call. This is very annoying, as I now have to take my battery out everytime I call someone. I was on MIUI 1.12.8 when this started to happen, and I unrooted, and went back to stock Sense hoping that this would fix the problem. It did not. I am now on Cyanogen Mod 7.2 and this problem is still occuring. Any help would be great!

One more thing, if the person on the other end picks up, and they hang up, my phone will unlock. Sometimes on its own, or sometimes I have to plug it into a charger.

My Incredible has always locked itself automatically during calls, and the proximity sensor has worked flawlessly, until recently. The problem that has arisen is: I am not able to unlock my phone after the proximity sensor locks it up during a phone call. This is very annoying, as I now have to take my battery out everytime I call someone. I was on MIUI 1.12.8 when this started to happen, and I unrooted, and went back to stock Sense hoping that this would fix the problem. It did not. I am now on Cyanogen Mod 7.2 and this problem is still occuring. Any help would be great!

One more thing, if the person on the other end picks up, and they hang up, my phone will unlock. Sometimes on its own, or sometimes I have to plug it into a charger.
when you say it doesn't unlock.... do you mean the screen doesn't respond to touches anymore? or that the screen just stays off?

If the screen just stays off, your power button should turn it back on to let you unlock it. You could also try the app "no lock".

Upvote 0
Let me clarify my problem. When I say "lock" I mean when the phone screen is actually off. For most phones this "locking" happens when they hit the power button while the screen is already active, and the screen can be "unlocked" by hitting the power button again. When I call someone the screen cuts off, just as if I had pressed the power button, when I don't even touch it. There is nothing I have tried, besides taking out the battery and rebooting the phone, that can "unlock" (reactivate the screen) phone after a call "locks" the screen. No lock didn't help me out, because it just removes unlock screens (where you slide or rotate something on your screen to make the phone usable), it does not actually prevent the phone from locking. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any more insight on this problem would be great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones