DINC crashed 5 times today...Support

Last Updated:

1. daktron

daktron Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ugh. Anybody having this problem?

From time to time my DINC would crash/reboot (I wouldn't think much about), but today it has happened about five times! I deleted a new file app (Astro) thinking that might be the issue. I couple days ago it crashed when I was using the NY Times news widget. Anyway I'm running 2.2 and I love my DINC.

Can apps make the phone crash or can it be from something else.

Advertisement
  2. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member

Mine was doing that to me a couple weeks ago. Even after resetting it and installing no apps it was rebooting. I ended up calling Verizon and they replaced it for me.

3. daktron

If it continues I guess I'll give Verizon a call.

4. daktron

The reboot loop happened again, finally getting stuck on another loop of error windows (force close various apps that were open). In any event, ended up having to call Verizon - did a hard reboot (press power and volume down at the same time) and then did a factory reset. 24 hours in the phone is running great, faster, no problems - however the UI looks different (in a good way). The reset is pain in the butt since you have to reset a bunch of stuff on the phone, but may be worth it. We shall see.

Although I got all my apps through the android market I suspect the problem may have been caused by a bad app. So for now I am not loading any apps that didn't come with the phone and see how it goes. If all goes well I am going to load some apps but only one at a time. I think it may have been the Weather Channel app, since the reboot loop would happen shortly after that app was opened (but who knows).

One other thought, the random reboot and reboot loop happened after the OTA upgrade to Froyo. As I said since doing the factory reset I noticed that the look of the phone's UI has changed a bit (for the better). I wonder if the OTA upgrade didn't completely take hold and perhaps that caused it.

So beware of apps and maybe after the next OTA upgrade for android (forget what dessert it's called) I'll do a factory reset after.

5. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

My stock Incredible used to do the random reboot dance quite a bit before the Froyo update. I remember I had installed and uninstalled quite a bit of apps and I figured doing a hard reset would help and it did help. The phone stopped rebooting randomly and performance was back to when it was new. Not too long after the hard reset, I got the OTA update and random reboots was a thing of the past.

6. daktron

All said, the random reboot happened again. Called Verizon and a new DINC is on it's way,