DInc freezing my computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. abock33

abock33 Member This Topic's Starter

So My DInc keeps freezing my computer every time i connect it with the usb. It only does it on mine which has the ADW driver and an internet connection. the other computers I use it with don't have a net connection and it works fine when I use Easy tether to get the net. Any Idea why this would be happening on my system only?

Also in case it's needed My PC uses windows 7 and the others have XP and 7 on them.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Are you selecting to use it as a disk drive, charge, or what? It could be a number of things.

If it is even freezing when you plug it in to just charge, I would suspect a shorted USB port, and try another port in another location (since USB ports come in 2's).

3. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member

My Vista PC would always crash when I connected my Dinc, but the XP machine was fine. I think it has something to do with the VZW media sync program that tries to start up.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

yeah there is any number of reasons it could be locking up, I've seen quite a few computers(mainly windows 7) lock up when any external form of memory is inserted.

5. 91kenny1

91kenny1 Member

yeah my pc at work- windows xp wont crash but my home pc will with windows vista. Im suspecting the verizon manager app too. Gonna unistall it and retry connecting through usb. It cant be the usb cord if it is fine on another pc.

6. 91kenny1

91kenny1 Member

Idk if this might help or not,

From PDANET website:

PdaNet causes my computer to reboot/go into blue screen of death (BSOD) in version 2.45.
    You are caught with a bad build we mistakenly uploaded at one point and this has been fixed. Please download again and reinstall.
    If you still have this problem after reinstalling (usually means the system is still hanging on to the bad driver for some reason), on the computer go to Start->Programs->PdaNet for Android an select "Install Legacy Network Driver" and wait for it to complete. After that the problem should go away.

7. 91kenny1

91kenny1 Member

Ok, unistalled pdanet, and verizon manager app and it still crashed the pc. Even tried pulling the sd card but no change. I found it somehow clashed with DVD43- a program I have on my pc. I turned that off and now it no longer crashes the computer. Also, my pdanet does not work with the disk drive on the Incredible set to Mobile Broadband Connect. It must be in the Disk drive connection type. Hope this helps someone!