• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DINC Overheating

dut36

Apr 8, 2010
Need some advice from everyone here. My DINC seems to be overheating alot lately. Checking System Panel I see temperatures as high as 109.

The symptoms are as follows:

- when using to browse the internet, check Fbook and do email, continually for 30+ minutes - temp 102

- charging on Verizon Auto Charger - temp 109

- GPS for 2-3 hours - temp 104

Have brought this to Verizon's attention 4 times. Each time it was noted, I was told that they could not recreate it. Finally, after it getting to the 109 temp, I called and was told take it in and tell the store to exchange it.

So, my questions are....

1 - has anyone else seen temps like this? Is it normal?
2 - if they take the phone and exchange, I lose all my apps, correct? Is there any way for me to get them to the SD card prior?
3 - do I try to get a different phone altogether?
4 - Any other advice/opinions?

Thanks.......

The other night my phone was plugged in and I think LEDs hack caused something to go haywire and had my phone running constantly for like 2 hours. I picked it up and it was HOT, checked the temp: 50.3*C which is about 122*F. Trust me, I never want to see my phone anywhere near that hot again.

I thought that the Inc. would turn off at like 48*C, but apparently not! Then again, I'm also using a Chinese battery so maybe that had something to do with it. (Still runs like a champ, too!)

Upvote 0
You start hitting critical points when you're at 50C. Your phone isn't overheating until it shuts off by itself.

I hit about 120 F on my Droid OCd to 1250 and running about five Quadrant tests back to back.

Plus, is it the battery or the processor that's heating up?

50*C was just the battery, I imagine the processor was even hotter.

Upvote 0
When the Dinc hits 120 F, it will go into overheat mode, and prevent any further charging from taking place until it cools down. Learned that the hard way trying to use the GPS in South Carolina on a hot day a couple months ago when the battery died. That's when I decided to get a vent-mounted dock

What vent mounted dock did you get? Been looking for one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones