Dinc replacement dillema. Need advice for new oneSupport

Last Updated:

1. ishx360

ishx360 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my first dinc a few weeks ago after a month of waiting. It turns out it had call issues where the call would drop or i couldn't hear the person the other end. They sent me a replacement which i received yesterday. I activated the phone today and installed all my apps and customized the sense ui to my liking only to realize when i put the battery cover on, the lock button gets stuck and does not work. Took it to a vzw store today and they are sending me another one tomorrow.

My question is: Because it takes me forever to install the apps, transfer contacts and set up email accounts, if i root and make a backup and were to root my new phone tomorrow, could i load the backup onto it so i get my apps and my settings back? (i will swap memory cards). btw I can root and unroot so that is not a problem

Advertisement
  2. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

Yes you can as long as both incredible are rooted the same way. It should work

3. ishx360

ishx360 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! it'll save me time and anger loll

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yep it will work fine. I use Titanium backup personally but backup programs for root store the backup on the SD card so just be sure to use the same card on the new phone. Then root, reinstall the app and it can restore your apps, settings and data as you wish.