Dinc seidio active case with extended batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. sanmanreg

sanmanreg Member This Topic's Starter

I just dremeled out my seidio active case for my incredible. Please let me know what you think. I have the verizon 2150 ex. battery. I cut the rubber then dremeled out the outer skeleton. The hump on the extended barely sticks out. IMG_4805.JPG

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

Advertisement
    PROJEKT, wonderbread and drPheta like this.
  2. Hikarius

Hikarius Active Member

Thanks for posting these pictures in my topic also, nice job.
    Does the case still feel sturdy?

Once I have the money to buy both I'll be doing this with my phone, but until then...

Thanks for taking the plunge first :D

3. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this, people have asked me to do this for them, but I didn't want to risk cutting off the top camera part or making it too thin.

4. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Wow, great craftsmanship!

I might do this, but I want to buy the leather holster from Seidio which is supposed to fit extended batteries, but I'm not sure if I could have the Innocase Active AND have it fit in the leather holster case.

Probably not, huh?

5. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member

awesome! Just got my phone yesterday, and ordered my active today. I hemmed and hawed about it for a while because I didn't want to spend that much money on a case only to have it become useless if I got a battery that would change the shape of the case. Looks like there is a solution here, eh?

From the looks of it, it should still work with the holster as well, which is a plus.

6. sanmanreg

I does feel sturdy and good in the hands. Barely feel hump. It actually looks better now as I smoothed out edges. These pics were taken right after i was done first cut.

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Do you think it would be feasible to just slit the sides of the silicone part and let it stretch up over the hump? Or is it too flimsy?

8. sanmanreg

I dont think so outer skeleton wont go over

9. sanmanreg

It will fit in the motorola droid X leather holster from verizon even with extended battery. I just bought the droix X holster and its a perfect fit

10. sanmanreg

Yes it will fit in the Motorola droid X leather holster from verizon. Thats what i did and it fits perfect in the X holster even with extended battery and case

Asuryan9 likes this.
  11. sanmanreg

Yes it will fit in the Motorola droid X leather holster from verizon. Thats what i did and it fits perfect in the X holster even with extended battery and case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Sanmanreg: I meant, cut the middle out of the outer shell as in the pics, but slit the inner silicone layer at the sides of the hump, so there is still a layer of silicone protecting the hump. I've been thinking of trying it, but without forking over money for the case, it's hard to evaluate whether it would work.

13. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Thanks. You referred to the Droid X leather holster from Verizon, while I was referring to the Seidio leather holster.

I will look into the Droid X holster if I can't get an answer from Seidio.

14. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

So you have the extended battery, Innocase Active and can fit it all inside the Droid X leather holster?

How "tight" is the fit and how much space is there on the sides? (because the droid X is longer than the Incredible)

Can you take some pictures before I order it?

Would really appreciate it if you could.

15. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

great pics and great handiwork!@ question, can you or someone else post side-by-side pics of your =incredible w/ the extended battery next to a regular incredible?

that'd be great, i'm trying to find out if i need a bigger battery, or if my 1500mah oem is good enough for 1 day's charge... so far it's not, i can't seem to last past 6pm w/o needing to charge.

16. PROJEKT

PROJEKT Member

I wonder if I'll be able to do this and have the phone fit OK with an eBay 3500 battery and back... Anyone tried it yet?
    I've got the battery on order now, and I haven't been using the case anyway so I might as well mod it up...

17. jaystang50

jaystang50 Member

I have the Seidio Active X case on my Droid X with the extended batter and I didn't have to make any modifications to the case at all. Fits pretty snug...never had any issues. Never tried fitting it in the leather holster though.

18. odracir78

odracir78 Member

Great job there!!, I am also planning buying extra bettery (3500mah or 2600mah), but was affraid I was going to waste $10 of the case (wich I consider a must to "no matter what"), so I bought the 1800mah battery ($5) (which fits in the factory back door). If i need more battery, i would do exactly the same as Sanmanreg, and will post the pics too.

Nice job again!