DINC System Crash???Support

Last Updated:

1. tzoller

tzoller Active Member This Topic's Starter

Driving with GPS and announcement GPS lost. After I arrive at destination, my phone appears to have crashed. Most applications come up with a force close message. Turned on and off.. removed battery.. removed and reloaded some apps, Dolphin works after reload. Is there any thing beside reloading and/or doing a reset? Anyone else experience this problem. Not rooted. Running 2.2.
    My phone book is nonexistent. Seems that HTC original apps load without the force message...

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Never heard of anything like this. Why don't you go through all the apps, its going to be annoying, and remove cache and delete data. Maybe that will reset the applications without having to reset the phone.

3. x_Prozak_x

x_Prozak_x Well-Known Member

I had something very similar happen, my gps started turning on/off for no reason, then, it just froze, requiring a battery pull. When I would restart, I would get about 10 seconds of use before it would freeze again.

I am rooted, so I had a recovery, but whn I tried to boot into it, it said no backup existed. Basically, it wasnt recognizing my SD storage.

I did a factory reset, then, google wouldnt authenticate me. So I did ANOTHER factory reset, which seemed to fix it. I then tried to boot into recovery again and my backups were there. So, I restored to a backup and no problems since.

I was sweating bullets in the 2 hours I thought my phone was toast though.

4. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

This started happening to me too. It's not just nav (though that will absolutely crash it every time) but I get random reboots and freezes during the day as well (freezes so bad I can't even bring the screen up from sleep mode). I'm still trying to diagnose which program is screwing with it.

5. tzoller

tzoller Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I did a hard reset. The DINC seems a little peppier. Notice that Dolphin browser is faster on open and close. Was able to get all items back except photos from SMS. Recommend using APPBrain to enable restoring your apps, Lookout for restoring photos and lastly Verizon to restore your contacts.

6. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

I'll have to disagree with you on one thing, Verizon to back up contacts. I never understood why people dont create GOOGLE contacts in their phone versus PHONE contacts. Google syncs contacts automatically and you can then view them all, add/delete, from google.com/contacts.

google.com/contacts also integrates with Voice

7. PartyGurle

PartyGurle Member

I'm having this same problem now! Can someone please help?!?!

I pulled out the battery before it completed shutting down, then put in a new battery and now I can't get anything to pull up. Everything is giving me a force close message. I was using laucherpro and had everything customized.
    I lost all my phone contacts and everything. No problem there since I have a backup. I use astro manager and have all my apps backed up if i need to do a hard reset, but wanted to make sure before I do that that there is no other options. Please help?!