Dinc turns itself on sitting on tableSupport

Last Updated:

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi - I don't know that this is only a "problem" with the DINC but its what I have and am seeing it on.

I have noticed that from time to time my DINC will just turn itself on without me touching it. Its sitting on my desk and suddenly the screen lights up and the screen where you would swipe down to unlock it is there.

There does not appear to be a predictable timing to this. Some times it occurs 3 or 4 times in 10 minutes, sometimes it will go over an hour or two before doing it.

I never get text messages and my email is set to only update/synch when open it up and visit a folder.

I'm curious if this contributes ot how short a battery life I have.

Any ideas what is happening here?

2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    So it doesn't turn on from a complete off state, the screen is just coming on, right?

This happens to me almost every night around midnight when the phone syncs with the Verizon network (I'm guessing to sync time?)

If you are really that worried about it, I would do a titanium backup (or nandroid backup) and then do a hard reset. Don't install ANY apps. If your phone still does it, then, well that's weird, haha.. If it doesn't (which I suspect it won't), then you know it's one of the apps you have installed that is causing the issue. :)
  3. IcedTC

IcedTC Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Well this isn't a true fix but I love using Screebl

Screebl Lite - Save Power! - Android app on AppBrain

I have never ran into your problem but basically you set a timer depending on the angle your phone is at and after say 15 seconds...your DINC will turn off the screen if it's laying flat, etc.

I use it because if i keep my INC at lets say a 50 degree angle, it will stay on until I lay it down, etc. It's great for reading articles and all that.

Again not a true fix but I personally love it.