Dinc'in overwhelmed

Last Updated:

1. sumfknguy

sumfknguy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings... I started off with an Eris about 6 months ago as my first android.. within days I learned of the "Root" and found myself flashing all kinds of "goodies" every chance I could get.. I soon became bored with the lack of hardware performance and upgraded to a Samsung Fascinate.

I loved the phone.. the screen and graphics were killer, but the development seemed to be very slow in concerns to ROMs. themes and kernels. After owning the phone for several months, I traded it with a buddy for a Dinc :D. So here I was yesterday happy and ready to get into some "goodies" again only to find that I have the NOV OTA issue :(, but no worries, I can wait on Unrevoked..

My question is after scanning through threads and seeing a lot of Dinc "lingo" I find myself having a learning curve.. I was wondering if anyone knew of a thread or could help me out with some basics? Things like "S-OFF/ON", wasn't familiar with this at first. Took me a few, but I figured that one out.. things that are relevent to the Dinc that could help a bruva out moving forward.

:eek:

Advertisement
  2. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I actually installed a RUU from Verizon that had the original Froyo 2.2 (came out in August) on my phone AFTER the Nov update. Then I rooted it again, then I downloaded a 'Pre-Rooted" ROM that has already been rooted.

In short, I'm on the Nov update and am rooted!

3. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

First off, GEAUX SAINTS!
    Second, and to answer your question:
    This site has a great list of links to answer your questions as well as links to the downloads you may want or need. The Incredible List

The FAQs are collected from all over so they are really helpful.

sumfknguy likes this.
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

glad you are liking it. It is a fantastic phone indeed!

6. sumfknguy

sumfknguy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Mahalo, that website is perfect! And hell yeah on dem saints!!
    ...sdrawkcab, already did, but thanks!...
    howarmat, i love it so far!