• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dinc'in overwhelmed

sumfknguy

Jul 21, 2010
Greetings... I started off with an Eris about 6 months ago as my first android.. within days I learned of the "Root" and found myself flashing all kinds of "goodies" every chance I could get.. I soon became bored with the lack of hardware performance and upgraded to a Samsung Fascinate.

I loved the phone.. the screen and graphics were killer, but the development seemed to be very slow in concerns to ROMs. themes and kernels. After owning the phone for several months, I traded it with a buddy for a Dinc :D. So here I was yesterday happy and ready to get into some "goodies" again only to find that I have the NOV OTA issue :(, but no worries, I can wait on Unrevoked..

My question is after scanning through threads and seeing a lot of Dinc "lingo" I find myself having a learning curve.. I was wondering if anyone knew of a thread or could help me out with some basics? Things like "S-OFF/ON", wasn't familiar with this at first. Took me a few, but I figured that one out.. things that are relevent to the Dinc that could help a bruva out moving forward.

:eek:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones