Dire Help needed Uncommon Reboot loop (bricked?) issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ciscogeek

Ciscogeek New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I have a Rogers(canada) HTC Dream and my scoop is that I happened to install an App off the Android market called "contact" which just displayed contact info on the lock screen. Dandy! However it did say my build was something like experimental or beta and had the potential to crash my phone, so I figured hey no problem if it does, I'll delete it.

(this is the default OS no hacks applied)

now my issue is all my phone does now is upon fresh boot, show the rogers logo once then proceed to the HTC logo animation/still and repeat the logo cycle about once every 15 seconds.

I was able to get to some sort of boot-loader? with 3 androids skateboarding but the options were of no help.

I've tried with SD/SIM in and out to no avail

I have searched high and low for hours on end finding nothing at all so help if possible would be extremely appreciated, as I just want my phone back!!!

Ciscogeek

Advertisement
  2. Ciscogeek

Ciscogeek New Member This Topic's Starter

problem resolved on another fourm, (A/C)

[​IMG] Re: Dire Help needed Uncommon Reboot loop (bricked?) issue
    welcome to A/C !
    i have a fix for you , you will have to do a wipe . you are stuck in a cycle called a bootloop( ive been there many times , only on a rooted phone)
    follow these instructions ....
    power off the phone(pull battery out) , put battery back in , power on holding the home and power buttons together , when you see the exclaimation point press alt+L , then press alt+w . it will reset your phone . your contacts will resync , so will your apps . but you will have to reinstall your apps . better than a non functional phone , huh ?