• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Direct Dial Shortcut Enabling/Disabling Google Voice

thornomad

Lurker
Feb 2, 2012
Hi there - am new to Android and to these forums. Have a Galaxy Nexus. Love it.

I use (and have used for some time) Google Voice. I make 99% of my calls through GV and that's the only number I give out.

However, there are three or four family members I call directly using my real cell number (Mobile-to-Mobile minutes reasons - and these folks never text me so it's fine).

Is there a way I can program my direct dial widgets for these three people to *not* use Google Voice? I have tried the GV toggle widget as well as being prompted for each call (both are a bit of a hassle and have led to some mis-dials) ... but what I want is to *always* use Google Voice except for the three direct dial widgets I have setup.

If there isn't an app for that, can it be done programmatically doing a shortcut-creating app?

Thanks in advance.

Damon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones