1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Direct dial widget

Last Updated:

1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a widget that will allow me to direct dial (direct text a bonus!) from home screen.

I've looked around online and there doesn't seem to be anything that suits me well. I tried making the "direct dial" shortcuts by long-pressing, but those icons are small and have a little "M" and image of Android which obscures the photo icon.

I found the perfect app while searching for other stuff. I've attached the image to this post. Does anyone know what the app is that allows me to place those 2x1 icons onto the screen?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. theoriginalrage

theoriginalrage Member

3. ah6tyfour

Thanks very much! That's pretty much spot-on to what I need. I wish it had the option to have black background, but other than that, it's perfect.

4. Billybaldin

Billybaldin Member

You can just use the stock widgets. Just long press choose shortcut then choose either direct dial or sms then choose who you want. Their contact pic shows up with either a phone or message symbol. Click it and viola!

5. ah6tyfour

Thanks, but I tried the stock widget shortcuts and did not like the way they looked. They were too small and had a little rolodex icon (featuring the android image and either a phone or speech bubble) on the top right and a little "M" on the top left. These cover up quite a bit of space on the already-small icon so the picture IDs were being obscured.

6. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Picture Dial would be great if you could add more contacts and have them scroll.

7. vani77a

vani77a Member