Direct FM connection & SiriusSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cinnaman

Cinnaman New Member This Topic's Starter

I had a Sirius direct FM connection car dock installed. Can I use this connection somehow for my Moto Droid? I've tried unplugging the headphone connection to the dock and inserting into the Droid with a 3.5mm converter, but I guess the switch isn't activated without the Sirius radio connected to the dock.

I'd like to listen to Pandora in the car without taking the dashboard and radio out (2005 Ford Explorer, no external jack).

Thanks,

Dave

Advertisement
  2. garddog32

garddog32 Member

The FM Transmitter is in the Radio, not the dock most likely. Unless the radio has an "aux-in", you probably cannot do this. I would just buy a cheap cassette adaptor. It works great for me. (assuming you have a cassette player).

3. Cinnaman

No, I don't have a cassette player.

4. garddog32

garddog32 Member

Then I think you'll need to buy an FM transmitter. I'm pretty sure your Sirius radio has the transmitter, not the dock (at least that's how all three of mine work). If your Sirius radio doesn't have a line / aux input, then you'll need something like this:

Amazon.com: iriver AFT 100 Mobile FM Transmitter: Electronics

I've heard rumors that the Droid chipset has the capability to transmit FM, but I've never seen where anyone has been able to activate it.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Correct, the radio chipset in the DROID has the capability to do FM but it is not enabled in our os yet.

Also, I bought a transceiver from Best Buy that goes for $50, then found one online for $35 that does a lot more. The one from BB I had to return because that signal kept fading in and out...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member

my 2005 Xplorer has an AUX in via a cable from Metra but I don't think they make it any more... Check out this site they may have what you are looking for. Ipod Car Adapters, Bluetooth MP3, Zune Audio, Bose, Onstar Car Stereo Kits, Wiring Installation Accessories

Cinnaman likes this.
  7. Cinnaman

Thank you all for your help!

Dave