• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help direct link to video on homescreen possible ?

Is it possible to put a shortcut/direct link on my homescreen to a video that is stored on my phone. I want to touch the icon and the movies starts instead of finding the video player then the movie, then starting it .
Not sure. Easiest way would probably be to just create a folder on your homepage and place the video in that folder. Click once to open, click again on the file. Poking around I don't see a way to place the file directly on the home screen.

Upvote 0
Not sure. Easiest way would probably be to just create a folder on your homepage and place the video in that folder. Click once to open, click again on the file. Poking around I don't see a way to place the file directly on the home screen.
I've created a folder on my homepage but can't figure out how to "place the video in that folder." My Files let's me copy the video (from my external_sd) but I can't see how to paste to the folder on my homepage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones