1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Direct tv app???

1. tknucks

tknucks Member

Anyone hear of and app for the Droid like the one for the iphone that attaches to ur direct tv account?? this is the only app i really miss from my iphone

Advertisement
    :
  2. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

For now you can just browse to m.directv.com and schedule a recording. It's not the same as the iPhone app. I too hope they develop an app for Android.
  3. tknucks

tknucks Member

yea with the iphone app u can actually watch tv on the phone as long as u have good signal strength...
  4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

There is an app called "TV.com", but be forewarned... it doesn't play full length shows. (not as far as I can tell anyway.) It plays 3 minute clips, just like Vcast does. :(
  5. tknucks

tknucks Member

Yea i found that one.... not impressed.... I was able to watch full everything with that app... even watch all the games no matter where i was
  6. REPBRAD

REPBRAD Member

yes there is a directv app. It allows you to program your dvr from the droid. Works perfectly
  7. furat

furat Member

I suggest that DTV/android users contact their customer service and reply on the post in their forums , let them know that there are a lot of androids users out there
  8. amdmanx

amdmanx New Member

I am using the directv superfan app. It works great.
  9. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Sweet.. i was wondering about this and now I like my droid even more.

I am still curios about the app that allows to watch all channels.. was there really an app for the iphone that let you do this?
  10. cdd543

cdd543 Well-Known Member

No it does not allow you to watch tv. Maybe they were thinking of slingbox app. I don't see an equivalent app in market place. I have the superfan app, but that's for sunday ticket subscribers only.
  11. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

This is the app i was curios about. i could not find a similar app for droid either

I have the superfan package and for some reason i was assuming that this wasnt avialble for droid so i never checked. i am glad someone pointed this out to me :)

droid is getting better and better!
  12. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Never heard of an iphone app for directv that lets you watch tv, besides the Superfan of course. Only app Directv has is for checking schedules and working your DVR, it never let you watch anything.
  13. REPBRAD

REPBRAD Member

To watch tv you need a sling box. I have no idea if it works with the droid.
  14. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

WOW, I did not know about the SundayFan app...I can't wait to try this out tomorrow. :D
  15. dave412_4

dave412_4 Well-Known Member

anybody getting this error for the direct tv superfan app when trying to watch highlights. I havent checked live games yet because i downloaded it tonight.

ERROR:

"Failed to load live video. Some wireless routers block UDP ports used to play video. Please disable wireless on your phone to watch live video or 3G"
  16. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Yes I get this error a fair amount of time. I think it happens when the connection isn't strong enough. Just keep trying, and eventually it should connect.
  17. dave412_4

dave412_4 Well-Known Member

Humm.. I even tried on wifi and nothing seems to work. I downloaded yesterday so ill wait till sunday to see how it works. Thanks.
  18. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Last night I found a DirecTV app in the market. Looks like it was just added. Has been working well for me so far.
  19. MotoAlex

MotoAlex Active Member

I just downloaded it as well and scheduled a couple of recordings on my DVRs. Works pretty well so far!
  20. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Just got the app...love it!
  21. gsxr310

gsxr310 Active Member

just dl'd. thanks directv!
  22. Gottria

Gottria Member

Just got Directv installed and installed the App on my HTC Hero. Works fine except I get an error when scheduling a season pass.
  23. ChadZep

ChadZep New Member

Are there any fixes scheduled for the DirecTv application for the EVO? I installed in, and get errors when it tries to record a show. The app worked perfectly on my Palm Pre.
  24. willislawns

willislawns New Member

It is nice for recording, but is there an app that lets you view whats on your dvr and edit or delete shows??
  25. Carl6

Carl6 Well-Known Member

To watch, edit or delete - Slingbox.