Direct TV app

Last Updated: 2011-07-29 03:51:41
  1. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

Well I'm finally leaving cable and going Direct TV on Monday. Direct TV says with their app I can watch any of the channels I subscribe to on my Droid X. Does anyone have any experience with this app.

Advertisement
    Tarekh123 likes this.
  2. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

i record shows via the app, if there is a way to watch shows on my dx i would like to know!
  3. azgunz

azgunz Well-Known Member

Its so you can record shows when youre away from the house.
    Pretty cool too cause, in my case, I can find a show I want or a game and choose to record that in the family room, set a cool military documentary to record in my bedroom and in the exercise room, and just the Soprano reruns in the exercise room. Pretty versatile.
    Depending on the amount of DVRs you have you can select the ones you want.

Thats all it does though. You cant watch tv via the app
  4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The sunday ticket app actually streams games live. Works well.
  5. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

I never seen DTV with stream other than the nfl...
  6. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

I was told by the salesman that I could stream all the DirecTV channels using the app. They are installing my system on Monday so I'll keep you updated.
  7. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

Let's us know what app bc the DTV app from the market is just to set your DVR not to stream and only NFL subs can stream and that's for any device with data option.
  8. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I think you got lied to. I have the top HD DVR that directv has and there is no streaming. All you can do with the app is set programs to record or order PPV. I wish I could stream my Directv to my phone!

I also subscribe to just about every channel you can on DTV
  9. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

As others have stated, someone wasn't straight with you. You can only set recordings from the app.
  10. gr33nd3vil

gr33nd3vil Active Member

Streaming is suppose to becoming...
    However you can and are suppose to be able to STREAM NFL on your phone...
    That's all thats setup now..
  11. chrlswltrs

To stream the NFL you have to buy NFL Sunday Ticket, then pay even more for the Super Fan package. Then NFL streaming is done with the NFL Superfan app, not the regular Directv app.
  12. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

i think it is dish network that lets you stream? or maybe its just att fios with an iphone? bah who knows
  13. chrlswltrs

AT&T = Uverse

Verizon = Fios
  14. gr33nd3vil

gr33nd3vil Active Member

Cant you just use the NFL App and stream off that?
  15. chrlswltrs

You can stream the red zone channel on Sundays which is awesome, and you can stream Sunday night and Monday night games. I think you will be able to stream Thursday night games too once they start.

You get live audio of all the individual games.
  16. Daddy Freddy

Daddy Freddy Member

sling box will allow live streaming with dish..not sure about Directv. Have to buy box and app.
  17. gr33nd3vil

gr33nd3vil Active Member

Directv does work with Slingbox...

But, I know Direct with there new receivers is working on streaming recorded shows...

They are in BETA format as we speak, as they just launched Windows Media Centre to be able to watch anything you record in any part of your home on your computer.
  18. scrufton

scrufton Active Member

Anyone know what happened to the direct TV app? I just direct TV installed yesterday and now the app is not showing up in the market. I know I had seen it in the market before from my phone (samsung epic).
  19. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

20. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member

I have DirecTV and to be able to stream to the X you need to pay an additional $10/month for DirecTV to go. Otherwise the app will just allow to you program your DVR, order movies, pay bill and other general account functions
  21. chrlswltrs

Can you please explain how to get this. I would gladly pay $30 a month extra to stream Directv to my families 3 android phones.
  22. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member

Information can be found here
    DIRECTV: Mobile Apps
  23. chrlswltrs

This is straight from that site:

Features
    Search for any television show up to 14 days in advance
    Browse programs by channel or date & time
    Get program information instantly, including description, length and rating
    Record a single episode or an entire series
    Order DIRECTV CINEMA
  24. JWhitmer

JWhitmer Member

You still cannot stream normal channels to your phone. The only thing possible at this point is to stream RedZone on Sundays and Monday nights. Obviously the technology exists so it is only a matter of time until we see streaming of mainline channels but for now Directv will not do it. Just trying to clear up any confusion....
  25. chrlswltrs

If you were referring to NFL RedZone, I get that free with the NFL mobile app. It has nothing to do with Directv.