• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DIRECTV app help PLEASE

I downloaded the DIRECTV app from the market, and it worked fine for a week or so. Got a notification for an update and well, dumbass me updated. Now the problem: the update has been installing for about 3 weeks. I deleted the directv app thinking it would help, but all it did was take away the app and never did let the update finish installing. I have searched android forums and directv's forums, but all I have found is the question, no solutions. I have powered off the device and I have removed the battery, but as soon as it loads up it still shows to be installing. Anyone have any ideas? When I click on the app it doesn't allow any options to cancel the download or installation. I have a Moto Droid, running 2.2. Anyone else have this problem? Better yet, anyone else solve this problem?:thinking:

Holy,
Thanks, but this doesn't help. Directv doesn't show up in my applications. It was there until I deleted it thinking it would allow the update to finish installing. It is only showing up when I go to the market. There it shows as installing. If I click on it, it just takes me to the description with no other menu choices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones