DIRECTV app help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by montanajeepcpl, Nov 7, 2010.

1. montanajeepcpl

montanajeepcpl New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I downloaded the DIRECTV app from the market, and it worked fine for a week or so. Got a notification for an update and well, dumbass me updated. Now the problem: the update has been installing for about 3 weeks. I deleted the directv app thinking it would help, but all it did was take away the app and never did let the update finish installing. I have searched android forums and directv's forums, but all I have found is the question, no solutions. I have powered off the device and I have removed the battery, but as soon as it loads up it still shows to be installing. Anyone have any ideas? When I click on the app it doesn't allow any options to cancel the download or installation. I have a Moto Droid, running 2.2. Anyone else have this problem? Better yet, anyone else solve this problem?:thinking:

Advertisement
  2. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Male
    Panhandle, Florida
    Montana,

When I had a problem like this for a different app, I had to enter the main menu and go to Applications. From there I would select "Manage Applications". At that point I would select the app causing the problems, in this case DIRECTV. Finally select "Clear Data". That should resolve your problem with constantly trying to install.

3. montanajeepcpl

montanajeepcpl New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Holy,
    Thanks, but this doesn't help. Directv doesn't show up in my applications. It was there until I deleted it thinking it would allow the update to finish installing. It is only showing up when I go to the market. There it shows as installing. If I click on it, it just takes me to the description with no other menu choices.