• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dirrk's D01 overclocking kernels with lagfix

Great reporting guys keep them coming. At this point it seems everyone can run one of Dirrk's 2 1200's. 1200LV is still the ideal IMO, but if you cannot make that work the SV seems stout. I suppose if you want a LV kernel the 1100LV [D011] is a decent choice as well since the battery life should be stellar

Upvote 0
Great reporting guys keep them coming. At this point it seems everyone can run one of Dirrk's 2 1200's. 1200LV is still the ideal IMO, but if you cannot make that work the SV seems stout. I suppose if you want a LV kernel the 1100LV [D011] is a decent choice as well since the battery life should be stellar

OK...so since yesterday, I have been running Dirrk's LV 1.2 voodoo...and I am not sure on battery use yet...it doesn't seem to be better if not worse???? I have had the phone unplugged for 7hr 34min and battery is at 53%....now I don't have any updating widgets...and I would call my use mild to moderate today....I browsed internet for may be 20 minutes total...and had irc going for about an hour total...and one phone call??? I may flash jt's 1.2 (the one I had in the first place and then do comparison testing)... I will wait out till my battery dies to see what the total time is.

:)

Upvote 0
OK...so since yesterday, I have been running Dirrk's LV 1.2 voodoo...and I am not sure on battery use yet...it doesn't seem to be better if not worse???? I have had the phone unplugged for 7hr 34min and battery is at 53%....now I don't have any updating widgets...and I would call my use mild to moderate today....I browsed internet for may be 20 minutes total...and had irc going for about an hour total...and one phone call??? I may flash jt's 1.2 (the one I had in the first place and then do comparison testing)... I will wait out till my battery dies to see what the total time is.

:)

I guess the reviews are mixed. I've been having an incredible experience with the LV1200.. I had my phone unplugged for 72 hours (I let it get to 20%) and I took 40 pictures, had 10 calls, 50 texts, and did some web browsing. All had very pleasing speeds. I should also note that battery conditioning is crucial as well.

Upvote 0
I guess the reviews are mixed. I've been having an incredible experience with the LV1200.. I had my phone unplugged for 72 hours (I let it get to 20%) and I took 40 pictures, had 10 calls, 50 texts, and did some web browsing. All had very pleasing speeds. I should also note that battery conditioning is crucial as well.

WOW, that's awesome!!!! By conditioning, do you mean the 3 discharges and full charges? I did do that when I first got it....My battery has been outstanding...that's why I only associate this time with the kernel...I will keep testing. :)

Upvote 0
WOW, that's awesome!!!! By conditioning, do you mean the 3 discharges and full charges? I did do that when I first got it....My battery has been outstanding...that's why I only associate this time with the kernel...I will keep testing. :)

I read a detailed article somewhere (man I'm so mad I can't remember where) that explains how lithium ion batteries work, and it explains that their battery life is dependent on "conditioning". This involves multiple partial charges when you first get it (as in, DON'T let it fully discharge right off the bat). They had tests done with charts and graphs so it looked pretty legit, so I tried it.

Mind you I first tried this on my [former] Droid X. At first I was getting TERRIBLE battery life, it would literally last LESS than 24 hours and I was doing the common "let it discharge all the way then recharge it". I then tried what this article said and my battery literally transformed, lasting at least twice as long as it had before. When I traded my DX in for my SF, this method worked wonders as you can see. Initially I'd charge it to full when it'd get down to like 90%, then 80%, then 70%, and so on (this is partial charging). Now it just.. lasts.

Upvote 0

I know someone is going to come on here and discredit conditioning and say I am stupid...but, could you explain the conditioning process

Upvote 0
Wow thats even better than Im getting. Nicely done zero_one

Upvote 0
I read a detailed article somewhere (man I'm so mad I can't remember where) that explains how lithium ion batteries work, and it explains that their battery life is dependent on "conditioning". This involves multiple partial charges when you first get it (as in, DON'T let it fully discharge right off the bat). They had tests done with charts and graphs so it looked pretty legit, so I tried it.

Mind you I first tried this on my [former] Droid X. At first I was getting TERRIBLE battery life, it would literally last LESS than 24 hours and I was doing the common "let it discharge all the way then recharge it". I then tried what this article said and my battery literally transformed, lasting at least twice as long as it had before. When I traded my DX in for my SF, this method worked wonders as you can see. Initially I'd charge it to full when it'd get down to like 90%, then 80%, then 70%, and so on (this is partial charging). Now it just.. lasts.

Is batteryuniversity the article you are referring to? O_O

Upvote 0
so what you are saying is:
get the phone
charge it to 100
let drain to 90
charge to 100
let drain to 80

????????????:D

By conditioning the battery, I think the person is referring to the following:
100=>~8% (then charge)
100=>~8% (then charge)
100=>~8% (then charge)
For 3 cycles then just use it normally.

Correct me if i'm wrong?

Upvote 0
What I did was ran the partial charge it ships with down to zero aka device powers off. Charged it to full and the first 2 or 3 times it fully charged I'd fully kill it down. This may or may not be the preffered method but by week 2 my battery life seemed a bit better. Equally true by week 2 I got rid of live wallpapers and went to a pure black background wallpaper. These days with undervolted kernels I dont concern myself with the battery at all

Upvote 0
By conditioning the battery, I think the person is referring to the following:
100=>~8% (then charge)
100=>~8% (then charge)
100=>~8% (then charge)
For 3 cycles then just use it normally.

Correct me if i'm wrong?

That's what I did initially with the DX, and also ended up in poor battery life. Changing the cycle to the one I outlined helped dramatically

Reactions: GoBruins
Upvote 0
So I could not stay away from the new 1250LV...bad news campers within seconds of sliding over to 1250 I would get lock ups. Tried it twice with 2 battery pulls. 1250LV is not ready yet. Test it if you want but I was solid as a rock with 1200LV and this one is the polar opposite. Unless you were rock solid on 1200LV dont even think about 1250LV

Upvote 0
So I could not stay away from the new 1250LV...bad news campers within seconds of sliding over to 1250 I would get lock ups. Tried it twice with 2 battery pulls. 1250LV is not ready yet. Test it if you want but I was solid as a rock with 1200LV and this one is the polar opposite. Unless you were rock solid on 1200LV dont even think about 1250LV

I tried that one tonight too and had the same results - it was incredibly fast for the 5 min or so it ran tho........
I did ok with the 1200SV today, it was great until about noon and then battery started dropping fast and I had to charge again this afternoon. Now I'm testing the 1100LV - so far so good..... Will update again on this one tomorrow. Funny thing - my numbers with the 1100LV are better than with the 1200LV - guess my phone likes it better :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I tried that one tonight too and had the same results - it was incredibly fast for the 5 min or so it ran tho........
I did ok with the 1200SV today, it was great until about noon and then battery started dropping fast and I had to charge again this afternoon. Now I'm testing the 1100LV - so far so good..... Will update again on this one tomorrow. Funny thing - my numbers with the 1100LV are better than with the 1200LV - guess my phone likes it better :rolleyes:
Yeah every SF seems to have its own little niche. At the end of the day real world performance is not substantially different between 1100 and 1200. Heck even 1000 vs 1200 in actual stuff [not benchmarks] is hard to tell.

Upvote 0
Ok, I dug a Winblows machine out of my parents' closet so I could play with you guys, you can tentatively count me as another stable user of Dirrk's LV1200. Will report back tomorrow, but I've run it through quadrant 3 times with no problems, figure that's worse than anything i'll do. Got a 2046 the first time, didn't set the cpu to performance either.

Most importantly, its noticeably faster with certain tasks. Even my iPhone unlock slider in widget locker seems smoother. Setting up application shortcuts on the LP homescreen it no longer lags pulling up and scrolling the app list.

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
Ok, I dug a Winblows machine out of my parents' closet so I could play with you guys, you can tentatively count me as another stable user of Dirrk's LV1200. Will report back tomorrow, but I've run it through quadrant 3 times with no problems, figure that's worse than anything i'll do. Got a 2046 the first time, didn't set the cpu to performance either.

Most importantly, its noticeably faster with certain tasks. Even my iPhone unlock slider in widget locker seems smoother. Setting up application shortcuts on the LP homescreen it no longer lags pulling up and scrolling the app list.
Nice report. Seems 3/4 of us are fine and dandy with 1200LV at this point. Hard to find a better combo of performance and battery life

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones